Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I can't quit you!

After we got back from Spring Break we decided to con the high school students at BCCS into cleaning up around the school. Ha, this community service con is really worth its weight in gold! Here I am walking around like the hoss that I am.



We recently chaperoned and helped put together prom. It was a delightful experience that began with a rather overcooked but delic. meal at Mongolian BBQ. We then went to the prom where Kyle T was already soaked in sweat as he shredded the dance floor... and his dignity.



Graduation soon followed. The highlight of that night wasn't getting through my speech with minimal stumbling and mumbling, but rather the hug line. You see we do this really FUN thing where the graduates walk across the stage, get their diplomas, and then hug each one of the teachers.



Its a painfully slow and awkward experience, where the audience gets to watch each individual embrace. You may think "Hey, that can't be too bad, its kind of cute and sentimental!". Wrong. It's awful. To make matters worse, one of my male students whispered into my ear "I can't quit you!".

1 comment:

Jonathon Arenas said...

Hey CON seems like a mean way to put it.